- I have another question about e-mail that was not answered here. How can I get additional help?
- Is there a limit on the amount of email I can send and receive?
- What is "My PenTeleData Webmail"?
- What are some of the features of the newest "My PenTeleData Webmail"?
- Will the new version of "My PenTeleData Webmail" have the option to create message rules or filters to avoid SPAM from reaching my inbox?
- Webmail Tutorial
- How do I access "My PenTeleData Webmail"?
- What happens if I do not actively check my email on a regular basis?
- Can I still send attachments?
No. All PenTeleData email boxes include a complimentary 5 GB of free email storage. If you exceed your complimentary 5 GB of email storage, all new inbound email will be returned to the sender. For more information on your email Storage Space.
"My PenTeleData Webmail" is a web based email client giving you the ability to check your email at anytime with any Internet connection. Whether on vacation or at home, you can access your email at anytime, as long as it was not already downloaded using an email client.
- A tab based layout
- Drag and drop e-mail message capabilities
- Preview pane allowing you to stay within your inbox
- Adding multiple e-mail address to your Address Book just got easier
- Adding e-mail contact groups to your Address Book
- A new search feature that scans subject lines and by sender
- Sorting your e-mail by Subject, Sender, Date and Size
- Checks for new e-mail every 5 minutes automatically
- Auto completion of an e-mail address in the recipient field (When the intended recipient appears in your address book)
- All new animated emoticons
- A spell checker
- E-mail message filtering
- A Calendar
- Use of multiple signatures
- Auto responders
Will the new version of "My PenTeleData Webmail" have the option to create message rules or filters to avoid SPAM from reaching my inbox?
Yes, you will be able to create message filters to have message(s) tagged as ***SPAMTAGPTD moved directly in to the Junk folder. You will also be able to create a list of allowed or block messages by email address or domain.
PenTeleData would like to welcome you to "My PenTeleData Webmail." Just below, we have provided a brief tutorial of the more commonly used functions of our web based e-mail system. In the event that you have a question, or trouble accessing your e-mail account using "My PenTeleData Webmail," please call our Technical Support Department and follow the menu to get Residential Technical Support.
Once you have successfully logged in to "My PenTeleData Webmail" you will see the following screen.
Composing New Message: To create a new e-mail, click on “NEW MESSAGE.” Enter the e-mail address you would like to send too, enter a message to the body. When done, click “Send.”
Adding Attachments: If you wish to add a file, picture, or other form of attachment, simply choose the paper clip option to browse and select what file you wish to attach to your message.
Deleting a Message: If you want to delete a message, you have several options. Select your message and choose one of the following delete options.
Deleting Multiple Messages: Choose which messages you would like to delete by individually selecting the checkbox to the left of each message. For those wishing to clear an entire folder, you can choose the upper most checkbox. When done select the delete option.
Change Password: If you would like to change the password for your PenTeleData e-mail address, direct access can be found by clicking “Account Management” or click the “Change Your Password” link located in the upper right of Webmail. This will bring you to the Account Management page where you can make the change.
Changing Profile Image: You have the ability to upload a profile image. It is recommended to use a minimum size of 280px x 280px.
Contact List: To create a contact list within Webmail, click on the “Contacts” tab. In the box labeled “New List,” type in a name for the new list and click “Enter” to create. To add e-mail addresses, place a checkmark to the left of the e-mail addresses to add and then click “Assign to List.” A new list can be created or an already-existing one used. Then click “Done” to finish.
E-mail Forward: To set up an e-mail forward, click on the gear and select “Settings” > “Accounts” and click on the e-mail address listed > scroll to “Access your mail elsewhere,” type the e-mail address you want to forward it to and click “Add.”
Blocked and Allowed Senders Settings: If you are having issues with Spam, click on the gear and select “Settings” > “Blocked and Allowed Senders,” and add either addresses or the e-mail domain. You can also allow addresses and domains.
E-mail Filters: E-mail filtering is the processing of e-mail to organize it according to specified criteria. Most often, this refers to the automatic processing of incoming messages. E-mail is organized or discarded by using filter criteria such as subject lines, the sender’s e-mail address, e-mail content, date, size, etc.
- Click on “Add a filter,” and then choose “Basic or “Advanced” to continue. Mail filters operate on inbound e-mail traffic. Inbound e-mail filtering involves scanning messages to users protected by the filtering system.
- Add a “Filter Name.”
- The “Filter Name” is a description of the rule being created and is used to label the filter in the event there is more than one listed.
- “If an incoming message meets:” only has the options of “any” or “all.” If this is set to “all,” the e-mail must meet every condition that is made inside of this filter and is better used when filtering e-mail with a specific subject or sender.
- By default, the filter is set to “From.” You have the ability to add multiple criteria for the e-mail filter to use.
- To add a new condition, click “Add a condition.” To remove a condition, place the mouse pointer to the right of the condition and click “X.”
- The section “Then,” informs the filter what to do with the e-mail. There are various options listed. Keep in mind if when choosing “Permanently delete,” you may lose an e-mail that you preferred to keep.
- When finished click the “Save” button to activate the filter.
- Add a “Filter Name.”
Importing/Exporting: You can import contact lists and address books that are saved in a comma-separated (.csv) or .vcf file. After the contacts are imported, they are alphabetized by first name in your address book.
- Go to “Contacts” > “Display Name” > “Import/Export.” Click “Import,” then Browse, and locate the .csv/.vcf file to import and select.
- Click “Open.”
- Click “Import.” Depending on the size of the file, the import might take a few minutes. When the import is complete, click “Contacts” to review the additions.
- NOTE: Depending on how the other e-mail program was configured, it is possible for the contacts list to not import properly. If the listing does not appear you will need to manually correct the information within the Webmail program.
Exporting Contacts: You can export your address books to several file formats (.csv, ldif, vcf).
- Choose “Export” from the options under “Display Name.” Select the format and click “Export.”
- From the “Opening contacts” pop-up, select “Save File” and click “OK.”
Switching to Calendar View: Choose the calendar icon to access it.
Calendar: This can be used to organize and schedule events for administrative purposes.
Help: For further assistance with the webmail interface, choose the “Gear” within the upper right of the webmail interface, select “Help.”
To access "My PenTeleData Webmail," point your browser to ptd.net and click "My PenTeleData Webmail" on the right side of the page. When prompted, enter your username and password. Your username will be everything before the "@" symbol in your email address. Your password will be the corresponding password for that account.
Any email box that is inactive for six consecutive months will be deleted. Any email within an inactive email box is probably spam and will be automatically deleted without inspection along with the email box. Once deleted, the email address associated with the email box will be deleted and become available for assignment to other customers. An email box is inactive if it has not been checked in 6 months, does not have an email forward associated with it and is not the primary login for a dial-up account. If you intend to keep a mailbox active you may do so by retrieving email from within the email box at least once every 6 months . PenTeleData is not responsible for any loss of any kind because of the deletion of boxes or the email inside. If your email box is deleted for inactivity, you may contact Customer Service to have the email box reinstated if the email address is still available.
Yes, you still have the ability to send and receive attachments with "My PenTeleData Webmail. Attachments are limited to a maximum size of 30 MB (megabytes). Please keep in mind that it will take longer for the recipient to receive the message than it took you to send it. Large attachments can fill the recipient's mailbox or cause the mailbox to lock up, preventing the recipient from receiving any other email.
Note: Attachments are limited to a maximum size of 20MB in Webmail, and 15MB in other e-mail programs. The overall e-mail (including attachments with encoding) cannot exceed 30MB when sending. E-mail attachments are base64 encoded, which will make the attachments about 30-40% larger than the original file. For example, 20MB of jpg files could easily exceed 25MB when base64 encoded.