This document will guide you through configuring Internet Explorer 9 Pop-up blocker.
Enabling and Disabling Internet Explorer Pop-up Blocker
- Begin by opening up Internet Explorer and selecting "Internet options" from the "Tools" menu.
- Select the "Privacy" tab.
- Under the section "Pop-up blocker" the check box for "Turn on Pop-up Blocker" will correspond if your Pop-up blocker is enabled or disabled. If you would like your Pop-up blocker disabled uncheck the box. Alternatively if you would like to enable your Pop-up blocker place a check in the box. To continue configuring the Internet Explorer 9 Pop-up Blocker, move on to the next step. If you are finished click "OK".
Removing or allowing site exceptions to the Pop-up Blocker settings.
- From the "Privacy" tab click on the "Settings" button. ("Turn on Pop-up Blocker" must be checked in order to go into "Settings".
- The "Pop-up Blocker Settings" window will now appear. To allow a website in the box labeled "Address of website to allow" enter the website you would like Pop-ups to be allowed. Click "Add" to place it in the "Allowed sites" list
- If you no longer want to have a site allowed, select the site from the "Allowed sites" list and click "Remove". Alternatively if you would like to remove all websites from this list, click "Remove all". To continue configuring the Internet Explorer 9 Pop-up Blocker, move on to the next step. If you are finished click "Close".
Changing the Pop-up Blocker filter level
- From the "Pop-up Blocker Settings" window you may change the level of which the Pop-up Blocker will automatically block Pop-ups. To change the "Filter level" click on the drop down box, by default the "Medium: Block most automatic pop-ups" level is selected. Select the level that you want to use.
You have just configured Internet Explorer 9 built in Pop-up Blocker, you may close out of the "Pop-up Blocker settings" and the "Internet Options" windows.