Please Note: An important PenTeleData email upgrade will take place during the overnight hours on May 12 -13, 2014
Dear Valued Customer,
We will complete an important email upgrade beginning on Monday, May 12, 2014 at 11:00 PM through Tuesday, May 13 at 7:00 AM. We have cautiously adjusted our earlier estimates. During this time you may experience email interruptions, possibly up to four hours or more, and some additional delivery delays. The goal is to have all email services stable by 7:00 AM.
As a result of this upgrade, all PenTeleData email and Webmail users will receive an increase in the maximum file attachment allowance from 20 MB to 25 MB. In addition, all PenTeleData Webmail users will receive:
- A streamlined user interface, designed with simplicity and ease of use in mind
- A conversation view that makes reading and replying to messages convenient and intuitive
- An improved composition editor with paste-style support from desktop applications and the ability to include inline images (similar to the capabilities of a word processor)
- Shared Tagging to tag and organize data between users
- An activity stream to sort low priority mail and direct incoming messages to various folders based on chosen criteria
- A dedicated search tab that will allow users to navigate away from the search without losing the query
Once this upgrade is complete, we will begin the process of adding more storage space per mailbox for all email customers. The current limit is 2 GB of storage per mailbox and this will increase to 5 GB of storage per mailbox. Service will not be affected with this change.
If you don’t use PenTeleData Webmail, now is a good time to try it. It’s an already-included benefit of being a PenTeleData customer and provides access to your PenTeleData email account, even while you’re away from your home computer (although we recommend using it there too). Just visit www.ptd.net. On the right side of the page, choose “My Webmail”. A new browser window will open. Simply enter your email name and password and you’re set! Please note, emails that you have opened from your email at home or work will not be included, so don’t forget to close your email client on your home computer while you’re away.
Thank you for your business and continued support.