Important email upgrade to be scheduled// New Features for PenTeleData email/Webmail
Dear Valued Customer,
Our staff is preparing for an upgrade to our current email service in the coming weeks.
During this time, you may experience sporadic email response times for brief periods, possibly up to two hours. We will follow up with another email that will include a specific date and time for completion of the overnight upgrade.
With this upgrade, we have some good news about PenTeleData email/Webmail. In addition to the many valuable features that it already offers, we’ll soon be ready to introduce a few more. Here’s what you can expect:
- An increase in the maximum file attachment from 20 MB to 25 MB—for all email, including PenTeleData Webmail
- A streamlined user interface, designed with simplicity and ease of use in mind—PenTeleData Webmail
- A conversation view that makes reading and replying to messages convenient and intuitive--- PenTeleData Webmail
- An improved composition editor with paste-style support from desktop applications and the ability to include inline images (similar to the capabilities of a word processor)---PenTeleData Webmail
- Shared Tagging to tag and organize data between users---PenTeleData Webmail
- An activity stream to sort low priority mail and direct incoming messages to various folders based on chosen criteria---PenTeleData Webmail
- A dedicated search tab that will allow users to navigate away from the search without losing the query--- PenTeleData Webmail
Once this upgrade is complete we will immediately begin the process of adding more storage space per mailbox for all email customers. The current limit is 2 GB of storage per mailbox and this will increase to 5 GB of storage per mailbox. Service will not be affected with this change.
If you don’t use PenTeleData Webmail, now is a good time to try it. It’s an already-included benefit of being a PenTeleData customer and provides access to your PenTeleData email account, even while you’re away from your home computer (although we recommend using it there too). Just visit www.ptd.net. On the right side of the page, choose “My Webmail”. A new browser window will open. Simply enter your email name and password and you’re set! Please note, emails that you have opened from your email at home or work will not be included, so don’t forget to close your email client on your home computer while you’re away.
Thank you for your business and continued support.